This is the personal page of Umberto Picchini. As of May 2018 I am Associate Professor in Mathematical Statistics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
On this site you will find several ways to contact me and follow my research.
Let’s get in touch to talk about biomedical modelling, statistical inference (especially Bayesian), likelihood-free methods, and Monte Carlo statistical methods.
Interested in Bayesian methods? Check out this page!
- May 2019: New revision of our accelerated MCMC paper.
- May 2019: New paper “Stratified sampling and resampling for approximate Bayesian computation.”, arXiv:1905.07976.
- April 2019: Paper accepted for the Proceedings of ICML, the International Conference on Machine Learning.
- February 2019: paper with Julie Forman accepted on JRSS series C!
- January 2019: New paper “Partially Exchangeable Networks and architectures for learning summary statistics in Approximate Bayesian Computation.”, arXiv:1901.10230.